We source product for you from around the world and ensure that everything we sell offers great quality and value. This gives us the confidence to structurally guarantee every item for 5 years from the date of delivery.
The Fairway Furniture 5 Year Structural Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights, is provided to you at no extra cost as an additional benefit and covers the parts detailed below under each product category.
Fair wear and tear, accidental damage and abuse in domestic use is excluded and the product must have been maintained and used in accordance with the care instructions outlined in this guide.
Failure to report any issues promptly may invalidate or reduce the cover provided under this guarantee, as well as potentially limiting our ability to assist.
The following parts and items are covered, subject to the terms and conditions:
The frame, springs, elasticated webbing, cushion interiors, castors and supports, recliner actions and electric motors*
Cabinet Furniture(including wooden bedsteads)
Solid wood and veneers, structural stability (excluding minor settlement cracks), catches, handles, castors, other moving parts and light fittings
Beds, Mattresses & Headboards
Interior spring units, pocket springs, mattress fillings (subject to settlement in normal use) divans, including drawers, bed frames, slats, castors, headboard supports and fixings, electric bed motors*
*Electric motors on power recliners and electric beds are covered only for the duration of the manufacturer’s guarantee – this is normally 3-5 years
Terms & Conditions for 5 Year Structural Guarantee:
- Proof of purchase must be supplied by the customer in order to claim under the guarantee.
- The guarantee is not transferable and will be voided for items where ownership has been transferred – whether for payment or not.
- This guarantee applies only in normal domestic circumstances and while the goods are in use in the United Kingdom, while at the original delivery address, or nearer to the store where purchased. Otherwise, transport costs to enable Fairway Furniture to service this guarantee will be the responsibility of the customer.
- This guarantee may be deemed invalid if the goods have not been maintained in accordance with the care instructions supplied within the ‘Customer Information Pack’ or the supplier’s recommendations (if supplied with the product).
- Normal wear and tear in use, including cushion softening and settlement, bed filling settlement, staining, tears, burns, soiling and abuse are excluded.
- Dye transfer from non-colourfast materials - including denim - is excluded.
- Damage or delamination to the finish of any product caused as a result of any contamination through usage of or contact with hair products, bodily fluids or other cosmetic applications (such as make-ups, hand creams, tanning lotions etc.) is excluded.
- Cracking/swelling of wood due to major changes in humidity or near exposure to a direct heat source is excluded.
- Fairway Furniture reserves the right to meet its obligations under the terms of this guarantee through implementing the least cost option to itself. If the problem cannot be rectified, this may be through the replacement of a component or, if this is not possible, through a refund of part of the original price.
- If a total refund is given on faulty goods, or if the goods are exchanged for replacement or similar, then the original goods revert to the ownership of Fairway Furniture.
- The total sum claimable under the terms of this guarantee are limited to the original purchase price paid for items returned as unsatisfactory.
- Adherence to the terms of this guarantee are not intended to affect or impinge on your statutory consumer rights under the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer’s Regulations 2002.